Monday 1 May 2017

Visual Journal Further Development

I've started creating collage imagery that I feel counter-acts the objectifying imagery we are currently saturated by. I wanted to create something that i feel embodies self-worth and self-esteem, whilst promoting empowerment, mind over body, and supporting and helping influence the self-esteem of yourself and other women. I feel that the collage technique I'm working with is helping me create some strong imagery and allowing me to explore composition more than I usually would. I feel that the work I create in my visual journal now will be more along the lines of trying to embody positivity and encouraging a body-positivity, self-accepting state of mind. I feel that it is also fair to say that my work is examine the idea of breaking free of the iron maiden. As a pose to fitting into pre-prepared moulds, I am having that I can start working to look at individuality and promote a sense of self-identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment