Monday 1 May 2017

More Journal Development

I feel like my visual journal work is coming along really strongly. I feel that there is an obvious progression from my starting point to the point where I am at now. I feel that I have fully developed this work to the best of my abilities and communicated the alternative to mass media objectification that I set out to communicate. Adding a hand-drawn element to the journal work was a way of me incorporating it with my usual way of image making and I feel that it adds more depth and personality to each of the individual collage pieces. I also feel that the imagery is becoming more and more reminiscent of the imagery you would find scattered in and around zines and femzines, as well as feminist art publications. This is something that I already have an interest in so to see the development of my work in this way is something that I am really happy with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment